Beauty

Natural Tanning Creams

Spread the love

Even if it’s snowing or raining, I’m always wearing sunscreen. -Mary Helen Bowers

The sun although great can damage our skin. The harmful rays can speed up the aging process and impact your completion in a negative way. There are natural ways to get an even tan, that doesn’t mean replace your sunblock with these recipes but use these along with your sunblock for tanning.

Healthy skin while out in the sun:

Make sure to apply sunscreen to your neck and back

Thin clothes do not protect you from the sun

Lavender Sun Cream:

1/2 cup cocoa butter

2 tbsp lotion

2 drops lavender essential oil

Lime and Peanut Tanning Oil:

4 tbsp sweet almond oil

4 tbsp peanut oil

2 drops lime essential oil

2 drops bergamot oil (optional)

(22) Comments

1. Amber Myers says:

I would give these a try. I can look so pale at times. I don’t like being outdoors much, so these would help.

2. This is definitely something that I am very interested in. I am not one to sit in the sun but I would love to have a tan. I will definitely check these out.

3. I’d love to try these. I’ve often wondered what exactly was in the tanning creams I”ve seen, so I never used them. I love the idea of trying an all-natural cream.

4. I’d love to try these! I’m all about the bronze skin, but I’d prefer not to damage it. This sounds great!

5. I always try to stay out of the sun especially during peak tanning hours. These creams do sound good but only for short periods in the sun.

6. Melanie says:

I used to tan in my early 20s. Now I stay out of the sun unless I have tons of sunscreen on!

7. Tasheena says:

I love that this is a DIY and natural alternative. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

8. I always wear sunscreen all the time. There are so many stories out there about the different chemicals in sunscreens.

9. artchee says:

It’s now advised here in our country to use sunscreen or sunblock, especially during late mornings to mid-afternoon.

10. Catalina says:

I am so curious to try these two natural tanning creams. I love homemade natural beauty products!

11. Lime and Peanut Tanning Oil sounds easy to do with minimal ingredients. I’ll do this when I get back home later.

12. Ashley says:

I don’t tan or wear sun screen but this was an interesting read! Thanks for sharing!

13. I’ve been curious as to what exactly are the ingredients the tanning creams that are on the shelves in our store, so I’ve shied away from them. An all-natural cream sounds interesting.

14. These sound like great alternatives to over-the-counter tanning creams! I would love to try these out!

15. Kathy says:

I think it’s great that you can make this yourself. I don’t tan, but this is wonderful for those that do. I know many who do, so I’ll be sharing this with them.

16. Oooo these recipes are so cool! Thank you for sharing. I’d love to try them this summer 😊

17. Oh, I’m going to have to try these out. I look so pale – especially after the long winter.

18. Lavern Moore says:

These seem to be some interesting concoctions for tanning. I will mention this to a friend who is into this.

19. I love that there is a natural option. I don’t want to bake outside but still love a little color!

20. I’d like to give this a try. I’m always looking for something new and unique to try. Thanks for sharing!

21. I haven’t tried tanning creams since I was in highschool and they turned me orange. lol These look great. I should give it another try.

22. Hhhmmm….I will go with the lavender! Easy to get….that is, the ingredients and to make up, overall!