Lifestyle

Bonding with your Partner is Important

Spread the love

We do not intentionally distance ourselves from our partners. With work, school, and family life we sometimes forget to give them the attention that is necessary in a relationship. Investing time into your relationship is a must. Encourage each other to find times in the day to spend together. It could be something simple like watching a movie or cooking a meal together. Any time you can bond is important in a strong healthy relationship. You can even drop off lunch for your spouse or take them on a date once a week. You do not necessarily need a routine but rather a time put aside to show the one you love that you care and appreciate them in your life.

Sometimes we do not recognize that lack of communication leads to relationship problems. Try putting your phone down to actually enjoy time with your partner and sometimes turn off the television and talk. Having conversations about your day, the future, and your goals shows your emotional investment. Instead of placing the blame on your partner take the initiative and tell them your needs. Explain ways you can grow as a couple, things you can improve on, and activities you can take part in.

Any other suggestions to improve your relationship with your partner?

(9) Comments

1. Phones I think can be the biggest distraction, which is why my partner and I just plug in our phones and leave them while we’re home.

2. Elizabeth | Tired Mom Supermom says:

It sure is important to bond with your partner! We have kids, and bonding time is so scarce. I simply show my hubby some love daily with a cup of coffee after dinner, and we can sit at the table and connect. It’s perfect!

3. Kristine Nicole Alessandra says:

I have so many tasks to accomplish on a daily basis that sometimes I get to bond with my husband for an hour or less everyday. I know he understands, but it hurts be to be so preoccupied with other things that we do not have time to at least talk about our day.

4. Anna says:

Great reminder all around! I totally agree with doing things together even though if it’s small tasks or major date night out.

5. Thanks for this lovely reminder. I need to hear this today. I think this is not only for partners but for family as well.

6. Lavern Moore says:

You give a lot of great reasons to support bonding with your partner. I look forward to reading more from you.

7. katrina kroeplin says:

def so important to spend time with your partner. we all get in a rut with our phones and other distractions. great reminder.

8. Lauren Ash says:

I think that being open and honest in your communication is essential! Being able to talk about issues as they arise instead of bottling them up is so much healthier!

9. Heather says:

So important. I think about this every single day and it’s actually always on my mind. Thanks for the reminder!