Spread the love
Recipe for about 30 macarons.
1 cup almond flour
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
1 ¾ cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 drops gel food coloring (for the color desired)
CLASSIC VANILLA BUTTERCREAM
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 3 tablespoons heavy cream 3 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare:
- The macarons: Combine powdered sugar, almond flour, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Sift the almond flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg whites and ½ teaspoon of salt with a mixer until peaks form. Slowly add the granulated. Mix until you notice stiff peaks.
- Add vanilla and mix. Then add the food coloring.
- Mix until it looks like stiff sand.
- Transfer batter into a piping bag.
- Pipe onto the parchment paper.
- Tap to release bubbles
- Allow the macarons to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until they are semi hard on the top
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
- Bake for 17 minutes, until they have risen.
- Allow them to cool before icing.
- Make the classic buttercream: In a bowl, add the butter and beat with a mixer for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar and beat until completely incorporated. Add vanilla and mix. Then add the cream.
- Transfer into piping bag.
- Sandwich the buttercream between two cookies.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge for 24 hours